For this shirt, I used my Sewaholic Granville base and altered the yoke to give it a pointed/heart-shaped/western look. It was a little tricky sewing it up with the facing and doing the whole "burrito" method thing, but doable by clipping into the seam allowance at the point.
I really love how this shirt turned out! It is so comfy, breathable and the colour goes well with my eyes, which are a dark blue as well. I think I may continue to tweak the Granville pattern--I think it flares out a little too much over my rear, visible in the above photo.
Here I am with my trusty bicycle who gets me around town, rain or shine. In the background you can see a cherry tree starting to bloom. This year in Toronto is a good one for cherry blossoms!
They are so pretty ✿✿✿✿✿
I sewed up this shirt in 14 hours straight last weekend. It would have taken less time but I totally messed up the sleeves! First I sewed them on the wrong sides, and when I tried on the shirt the cuff plackets were on the tops of my forearms. I was so close to being done I wondered if I could live with it, but decided in the end to do things right so I unpicked those seams. I really, really hate sewing set-in sleeves so it took a lot of willpower to convince myself to do them over again.
Then, when I sewed them on the *right* sides, wouldn't you know I went and attached one of them in the wrong orientation! This time when I tried it on, one sleeve was tight and pulling in the most unflattering way and it turns out I had aligned the undersleeve seam with my back yoke seam instead of my side seam on the bodice! I despaired and then unpicked this sleeve a second time and set it in for the third and final time, correctly. What a disaster!
Anyway it all worked out in the end and I am very pleased with this shirt. This is the first time I've sewn the version of the Granville with front pockets, and they turned out well. One is ever so slightly higher than the other, which you can see in the above photo, but you don't really notice when I'm just wearing it around with the top buttons undone. I used this clever trick to get my pockets to be the identical shape and size as each other.
Here is my adorable label from the Dutch Label Shop sewn to the inner back yoke. I just love these! They really help make home-sewn garments feel professional and complete.
Here's a closeup of my cuffs and placket. These ones turned out really well. I'm thinking of adding a second smaller button further up on the placket since they are long and it will help keep them together better.
Overall, another make I'm very happy with! This Granville pattern is taking me pretty far! Happy Spring, everyone :)